Sweet Potato and Red Potato Salad
- Red Potatoes 910 g2 lb
- Sweet Potatoes 455 g1 lb
- Red Wine Vinegar 60 ml1/4 cup
- Spicy Brown Mustard 15 ml1 tbsp
- Salt 6 ml1 1/4 tsp
- Peppercorns, ground 2.5 ml1/2 tsp
- Mayonnaise 120 ml1/2 cup
- Milk 60 ml1/4 cup
- Celery Stocks, chopped 2
- Red Onion, chopped 1
- Parsley, minced 80 ml1/3 cup
- Scrub the potatoes with an abrasive plastic pad reserved for vegetables, and rinse.
- Cube the red potatoes into small portions. Peel and cube the sweet potatoes.
- Put the red potatoes in a large pan covered with water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and raise heat, coming to a boil. Reduce heat again, cover and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk the ingredients together,
- Drain potatoes and add to vinegar mixture and stir gently to coat, refridgerate.
- In a another bowl, combine mayonnaise and milk. Stir in the onion, parsley and celery. Stir into the potato mixture.
- The salad is ready to serve, or chill.
Two kinds of potatoes flavor this picnic favorite with spicy brown mustard, mayonnaise, and onion.