- Red Potatoes - 1420 ml - 6 cup
- Onion, chopped - 1
- Broth - 860 ml - 29 oz
- Milk - 120 ml - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 15 ml - 1 tbsp
- Peppercorns, ground - .5 ml - 1/8 tsp
- Scrub the potatoes with an abrasive plastic pad reserved for vegetables, and rinse.
- Quarter the potatoes.
- Potatoes may be boiled, but steaming or baking can produce the most natural flavor. When baking, cook the potatoes at 375°F for 40 minutes, or until the body of the potato is tender. If boiling, approximately 15 minutes should be long enough. Check the potatoes for firmness. Steam in a vegetable steamer 10 minutes or until tender.
- Mash the potatoes in a bowl.
- In a soup pot melt butter over low heat, and saute onions until tender.
- Mix in the mashed potatoes, and then add the chicken broth while stirring. Add milk to achieve desired creaminess.
- Cook until heated through for 10-15 minutes and add ground black pepper to taste.