- Red Potatoes - 910 g - 2 lbs
- Garlic Cloves - 6
- Butter - 75 ml - 5 tbsp
- Olive Oil - 15 ml - 1 tbsp
- Sour Cream - 60 ml - 1/4 cup
- Milk - 15 ml - 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper, ground - .5 ml - 1/8 tsp
- Salt - .5 ml - 1/8 tsp
- Scrub the potatoes with an abrasive plastic pad reserved for vegetables, and rinse.
- Cube the potatoes.
- Potatoes may be boiled, but steaming or baking can produce the most natural flavor. When baking, cook the potatoes at 375°F for 40 minutes, or until the body of the potato is tender. If boiling, approximately 15 minutes should be long enough. Check the potatoes for firmness. Steam in a vegetable steamer 10 minutes or until tender.
- Combine garlic cloves with the olive oil and bake in a covered glass pan at 350 degrees F (180°C) for 30 minutes or until tender.
- When the potatoes and garlic have finished cooking, mash them together in a mixing bowl with optional milk until desired texture.
- Add toppings and serve.