- Red Potatoes - 1360 g - 3 lbs
- Butter - 115 g - 1/4 lb
- Milk - 355 ml - 1.5 cup
- Sour Cream - 120 ml - 1/2 cup
- Cheddar Cheese, grated - 120 ml - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 10 ml - 2 tsp
- Black Pepper, ground - .5 ml - 1/8 tsp
- Scrub the potatoes with an abrasive plastic pad reserved for vegetables, and rinse.
- Cube the potatoes. Peel if desired.
- Place potatoes in a pot with 1 tbsp salt and cover with water, boil and simmer potatoes for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain, water and potatoes, melt butter in the pot, combine milk
- Add potatoes and mash with sour cream until smooth. Add cheese if desired.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.