Chorizo Onion Sautéed Red Potatoes
- Red Potatoes 475 ml16 oz
- Pork Chorizo, no-casings 300 ml10 oz
- Onion, finely diced 1
- Vegetable Oil 30 ml2 tbsp
- Salt .5 ml1/8 tsp
- Black Pepper, ground .5 ml1/8 tsp
- Scrub the potatoes with an abrasive plastic pad reserved for vegetables, and rinse.
- Quarter the potatoes.
- Potatoes may be boiled, but steaming or baking can produce the most natural flavor. When baking, cook the potatoes at 375°F for 40 minutes, or until the body of the potato is tender. If boiling, approximately 15 minutes should be long enough. Check the potatoes for firmness. Steam in a vegetable steamer 10 minutes or until tender.
- Put the oil in a heavy large pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook while breaking it up until dry and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- With a spoon move the chorizo to a paper lined plate to soak up any extra oil.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan and heat the pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cooked red potatoes to the oil and saute until brown, about 12 minutes.
- Add the cooked chorizo and season salt and pepper to taste.
Sautéed red potatoes with spicy Chorizo sausage, onion, and peppercorns.