- Red Potatoes - 8
- Extra virgin olive oil - 60 ml - 1/4 cup
- Butter - 120 ml - 1/2 cup
- Black Pepper, ground - 1 ml - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1 ml - 1/4 tsp
- Scrub the potatoes with an abrasive plastic pad reserved for vegetables, and rinse.
- Quarter the potatoes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Cook the potatoes in the pan over moderate heat until browned on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- Add the butter and cook over slightly lower heat while turning often until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Move the sautéed potatoes to a bowl and serve at once.