Black Bean & Onion Red Potato Salad
- Red Potatoes 8
- Bacon Strips 8
- Eggs 4
- Green Onions, diced 3
- Jalapeno Pepper, diced 3
- Bell Pepper, finely diced 1
- Black Beans, cooked 475 ml2 cup
- Mayonnaise 475 ml2 cup
- Brown Mustard 30 ml2 tbsp
- Cajun Seasoning 5 ml1 tsp
- Black Pepper, ground .5 ml1/8 tsp
- Salt .5 ml1/8 tsp
- Scrub the potatoes with an abrasive plastic pad reserved for vegetables, and rinse.
- Quarter the potatoes.
- Potatoes may be boiled, but steaming or baking can produce the most natural flavor. When baking, cook the potatoes at 375°F for 40 minutes, or until the body of the potato is tender. If boiling, approximately 15 minutes should be long enough. Check the potatoes for firmness. Steam in a vegetable steamer 10 minutes or until tender.
- Put eggs in a saucepan with water, and bring to a roaring boil, then cover and remove from heat. After 15 minutes has passed, cool the eggs in cold water, peel and chop. Alternatively, prepare the tofu as desired.
- Put bacon in a pan over medium-high heat, and cook until evenly brown and crispy, drain, and crumble.
- In a mixing bowl combine all of the ingrediants except for potatoes. Lasty, add the potatoes and stir them together.
- Refrigerate until cold, serve.
Potato salad prepared with bacon, green onions, black beans, and seasonings.