- Red Potatoes - 5
- Bacon Strips, diced - 3
- Onion, chopped - 1
- Garlic, minced - 1 clove
- Broth - 710 ml - 3 cup
- Flour - 45 ml - 3 tbsp
- Salt - 5 ml - 1 tsp
- Basil, finely diced - 5 ml - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper, ground - 1 ml - 1/4 tsp
- Scrub the potatoes with an abrasive plastic pad reserved for vegetables, and rinse.
- Quarter the potatoes.
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake the red potatoes in a baking pan for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- In a large pan, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper, mix well.
- Gradually add broth. Bring to boil, then boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the red potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce, heat through but do not boil.
- Add bacon, cheese and parsley.